Friday, March 07, 2008

In Support of Marine David Mortari

The title of this post may be a bit misleading because I do not approve of American military presence in Iraq in the first place, and of this man's alleged action. Nevertheless I feel that this guy needs to be protected from the bloodthirsty mob who seek to have two wrongs make a right.

I found this video on youtube after reading about it on some news website. You watch and judge for yourself. The guy who throws the dog is called David Mortari. I agree that if the video is infact unedited, it is a really cruel and despicable act and Mr Mortari ought to be brought to book by the marine command, according to their laws and codes of conduct.

Whats worse than this is the reaction of a lot of people baying for this guy's blood. I'm not going to present a link here, but this guy's address and telephone number are being circulated on the internet and there are reports of death threats being made. These people are obviously interested in vengeance and not justice and are in my opinion sicker than the action of Mr Mortari.

I stress that I am against cruelty towards animals, but I would also like to point out that dogs are not an endangered species and all these people would do a great service if they redirected their efforts, albeit without viciousness, towards saving species that are endangered. And if a cruel act bothered them so much, why did none of them display the same reaction when more than 100,000 HUMAN BEINGS have been killed in Iraq? They even had a chance to democratically elect a new president in 2004.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home