Saturday, December 10, 2005

My wanderings around the world...

This Monday I'll have lived in India's IT capital for half
a year.

I am actually a native of Goa, an extremely weird and unpleasant
state. You probably wont see this in the ads calling tourists,
but you have to live there for a while to realise it.

I spent more than 2 decades in Goa. When I was a kid, my dad
used to call me "shark". But the shark was cramped up inside
a pond. :(

Recently I realised how much I missed out on by doing my BE
in Goa. But I must say that moving out back then would have
required tremendous courage and fortitude, which very few
people such as this amazing and enigmatic lady, who's been
a friend for a little less than the last four months, have.

With a combination of effort and luck, the GATE of IIT-Delhi
opened for me in 2003 and I spent a wonderful two years in Delhi.
Though much is made about "Dilli ki sardi", I think its the
summer thats the only downer about Delhi.

AT IITD, the company I got into through campus placements gave
me a choice of working in Gurgaon or Bangalore. Along with one
of my best friends, I opted for the latter.

Inspite of the hellish traffic, Bangalore is all right but
its not Delhi.

I hope coming to "namma Banglur" proves to be serendipitious
rather than regrettable.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange to know ur feeling about your home state Gao, which is not only of India's but also one of world's favorite tourist destination.

No wonder ur dad called u shark. I guess he was actually refering to ur brain. "FAST & FURIOUS" like shark.

U ve shown part of ur capability in GATE. Hope u 'll display ur full capabilties & the world 'll admire u one day.


13.12.2005

12:06 AM  
Blogger The ManU man said...

hey romeo!
thanks 4 saying that man.

y dont come with aditya n me 2 goa
next year. then u'll agree that it
sucks.

but i won't invite u till u go
2 nagpur ;)

10:06 PM  
Blogger Soham Pablo said...

Dude,
What do you mean man Goa sucks ?
It's one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. I lived in Bangalore 17 years, and in Goa for about 7 years, and though I have an obvious soft corner for B'lore - I seem to love Goa. You'll probably understand the beauty of the place at a later stage in life.

If you are speaking in terms of opportunities and academics, then I agree with you, but no way you can say Goa sucks man....

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home