Saturday, November 12, 2005

The Prayer

This was a poem i wrote a couple of months back, and the first one I've written in Bangalore. I admit its partly out of a sense of disgruntlement.

Again, my personal views, no offence intended to any person or group.

Plenty more from where that came from! My next poem which I'll be posting shortly will be
on an infinitely more positive and pleasant aspect.

The Prayer
10th September 2005

Not doing anything in memory of him,
Not chanting archaic incantations all the time,
Not self deprivation in the vain hope of anything in future,
Not punishing oneself because of those we dont know for sure,
Not living in the threat of eternal suffering,
Not having to chastise oneself for one's yearnings,
Not being told what is to be done,
Not being fooled by those who claim to offer the son,
Living in truth, knowledge, peace and without fear,
Let this be my prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home